Skip to main content

Happy New Year News

There she goes. Saying it again, better than I would ever dare. Yup, Ann says about this 2014 New Year:

"She preached the Gospel to herself:

Sure Mount Everest might loom in front of you, that mountain you have to climb in the next 364 days.

But the deal is: Every mountain that every Christin ever faces, the Lord levels with sufficient grace: The Lord Will Provide.

You don't have to climb mountains named I Will Perform.

You don't have to climb mountains named I Will Produce.

Jesus flattens that mountain before you with His Grace: The Lord will Provide. With enough strength. With enough wisdom. With More Than Enough of Himself.

More important than you trying to muster up sufficient grit and determination for the new year -- is that you simply accept His sufficient grace and liberation every day." ~Ann Voscamp (writing at A Holy Experience. Posted 1/1/2014)

So when a dear friend asks, "HOW in the WORLD do you do that??!! How WILL you do that???"

I reply honestly, "I won't." "I will fail...we will fail."

Because it is only, truly by His grace that any of us are able to face anything that comes our way.

I don't think I believe this all the time. Though my mouth says it is so.

My heart tells on me.

The fact is I know I don't live it.

Not all the time, or some days or not even most of the time.

Never in a kazillion (yes, it's an actual number...just ask any of the 5 year olds living in my home) if we would be walking through right now, in this new year, what we are walking through, I probably would have told you to "check yourself before you wreck yourself...cuz that is CrAzY talk!!"

So a list of resolutions this girl will not make. No more "to do lists," but to know and to trust the One all the more who will provide. Always. In every. single. way. as I walk hand in hand with the one I call, Love.

So here is a little Happy New Year Update from all us 6 Popes.

And can I just say, before you read on, that we are just. SO. EXCITED!


Dearest Ones,

For our Christmas letter this year we’ve decided

To keep it light and have some fun

 

Cuz one thing is for sure

Most of this past year

Has flown by like a blur

 

With 6 in the crib

And one little monster running about

There have been some rough times, we ain’t gonna fib

 

At least they can all buckle themselves

With only two exceptions

This all makes for only occasional yells

 

The buckle test, it’s a big one in our crib

And no more bottles, no more diapers

And certainly not one single bib

 

Those bibs, bottles, diapers and more

All belonging to babies

We were done for sure!

 

Certainty can be a slippery slope

So when Kari got sick for 12 weeks

We knew it was no joke

 

The date of arrival is early in June

So lets get excited

For this little life is already in bloom

 

Now, don’t worry, fret or frown

Yes, we can see it

Some of your mouths are turned right upside down L

 

We ask you, yes, to be excited with us

To be thoughtful with words, and prayerful and kind

And to not make a big fuss

 

Unless of course you wanted to make

A big donation to their college funds

For the children’s sake

 

Ok not really

That’s merely a joke

It’s good to laugh at ourselves not just other odd folk

 

So now that you know our BIG news

Also know that we love you all

And please have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too!

 

 

        

 

                                        

 



Comments

  1. Congratulations!!!! We are praying for your sweet family and for your newest blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Danielle...always love hearing from you!

      Delete
  2. Yay! Congratulations! Happy for you! So, how long will your foster kids be with you? Or are you fostering to adopt? Blessings in this New Year to you and your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heidi! You know, fostering is kind of like the never ending story of life. We should have some closure in the coming months...Lord willing. I will keep every one posted...eventually....Blessings right back atcha sister. I love that you still stop by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Is

  Winter Is...       Naps on the couch     Good Reads. With leaves for bookmarkers.     Lots of light saboring.       Snow Forts.       Dogs pulling a sled 200 miles.     And the musher behind them.     Coats zipped up to our eyeballs     Frozen Face. Seriously, his face was frozen.      Skiing   Falling down while skiing     Success! while skiing.       Lot's of yelling, "Do the pizza!!!" at skiing children.     Together.

Little Reminders

It is no small secret that I am forgetful....a little scatterbrained. I can't fully take all the blame for this. I think it that the "fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants" gene was passed along by the one I call mom, and sometimes Kathy Delrene to be funny because she often middle names me (endearingly of course) and I like to remind her (like she's forgotten) that her middle name is Delrene. Not that I'm blaming her, but I don't accept the responsibility either. Ok, I'm blaming her. Sorry, mom (she knows I'm kidding...well, at least kind of.) The good news is that I only forget semi-important things like birthdays (if you think birthdays are more important than semi-important we probably shouldn't be friends), what day the church yard sale is on exactly and mixing up when I need to help b/c I didn't write it down, to make a dozen cookies for the Christmas time gifts to the Airmen in the dorms (oops!), to bring the ipod with me to the gym (grrr...hate

Never Too Late for Friday Favs!

Yes, I know it's Sat. It's actually lateish Sat. evening. FridayFavs are actually supposed to be posted on Friday. Which is not today. Obviously. Oh, time management we have already decided you are one of my greatest foes. However, since the past couple of weeks have been, well pretty wonderful I thought I would share in more of the fun and favorite things we did together. These here are some of our Favs from when the laundry fairy (AKA Nana) was still in town.  Making sweet treats     And a Pinata And just for the record Pinatas are hard to make. It is a project that takes about a week. Not 2 or 3 days Unless you live in the South and can put it outside to dry in Oct.     Best. Dad. Ever.     Ironman. Meg (from Little Women). And a pirate, of course. I love them all. Well, the children dressed up as them anyway.     Yup. This here is the Cowboy at the fishin' hole.     It is quite possible that our homema